Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Just Enough Time

Very busy day—again!—with another long list of tasks.

Made time to go to my studio anyway, knowing I'd only have a few minutes but happy for whatever I could get.

Notice the differences between where I left off yesterday (left) and where I left off today (right).

    

Turns out I had just enough time to get myself … nowhere.

I tried my hand at using masking fluid I'd purchased some months ago. Impatient, as always, I did so without doing any kind of test run.

I did read and follow the directions, which included the instruction to rinse the applicator clean after use. To the sink I went.

Whaaaaat??!

Inside the bottle I saw not the clear thin fluid I'd applied but a thick coagulated substance that looked like liquid 'foundation' makeup (and well you might ask how I would know what makeup looks like).

Sooooo. I'll let the bookmark dry and see what sense I can make of things tomorrow.


10 comments:

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

making fluid is a bear! I gave it up. Kudos to you for working toward figuring out this beast...

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Theoretically, masking fluid would be great fun. In practice, not so sure. Glad to get your it's-a-bear take on it. The application I chose here was definitely a bear, but I can envision other less fussy applications that might (maybe??) make it enjoyable … I might at least play with the small amount I purchased till it's gone, even if I never purchase again!

Simone said...

I know how frustrating dried and clogged art supplies can be!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

I just have to sit back and laugh—so many adventures and misadventures in such a tiny space! I appreciate your empathy, Simone : )

Janet Bradish said...

Have missed a few posts Dotty - but love the colour palette in this. Yes, never good to reach for a particular supply and find it's dried out, clogged - whatever - just plain frustrating. Will look forward to seeing what happens next. Have a good day!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Lovely to hear from you, Janet. Fun to know that you like the color palette, and fun to know you're looking forward to what comes next. Spoiler alert: many more missteps/adventures en route but a pleasing success in the end.

Wishing you a great day also!

Sheila said...

Good luck dear friend. I never had luck with masking fluid either. I have faith in your ability to conquer all! LOL :)
Have fun :)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks for your good wishes and your faith in me, Sheila! Where would I be without my art family?

carol edan said...

Hope all will go well with the piece with or without the masking stuff. I have a small bottle of masking fluid, never used it, probably not useable.I don't notice anything different!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks for the well wishes with the masking fluid. What a funny adventure it's been. The reason you notice no difference is … there IS none! Whatever came out of the bottle initially must have separated and was clear, and dried clear!

Post a Comment