Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Windows Open

Windows open. Air on skin. Feet bare.

I moved on today to an optional exercise in Lesson 5 of my Jane Davies Dynamic Composition class where I'm invited to try a collage painting using a grid, abstract landscape, cruciform, or pattern format, and add line as a final element. I went for abstract landscape.

I pulled out gessobord for the first time in months. It was fun to hang out again with gessobord. Also fun was to tap into the lived painting experience of recent weeks and watch it express itself in this new piece.


Tire Swing, Spring Day
6x6", acrylic, collage, and ink on gessobord
abstract
2016






6 comments:

Sheila said...

Oh how fun is this! I smell wild grasses, and a lake nearby. I hear the creak of an old rope.. and laughter.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks, Sheila! Love the imagery you evoke with your words.

Simone said...

Hi Dotty!

Really nice to see how these simple exercises evoke such fun paintings!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks, Simone. I have really enjoyed the exercises suggested by Jane Davies, and I've learned SO much in the most organic of ways.

Joany Kendra said...

This makes me want to hop on and see how high I can swing!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Go for it! Don't you just love that feeling of swinging really high?

Post a Comment