Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Egg On My Face!

Oh my gosh! I stop in my tracks this morning while preparing breakfast when Maisie Dobbs, Psychologist and Investigator par excellence in the crime novel I'm listening to via audiobook, says to her companion, "I believe I may have over-egged the pudding."

Over-egged the pudding!

I love me a good idiom, and I am particularly enchanted by British ones.

This over-egging-the-pudding idiom exquisitely captures the downfall of many a painting that is spoiled in process by an artist's trying too hard to improve it.

And by artist I mean myself!

There may be just a wee bit too much egg in this very pudding right here. Just sayin'.




Being Right Here Right Now Is a Wide-Open Door to Discovery
7 x 8.5"; acrylic, oil pastel, and collage on paper
abstract scribble inquiry
2023

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Haha, love that! Love the Brits! And I think Goldie would say that this pudding, is just right! Love it, Dotty! :)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Isn't that British expression just the best?! And thanks for your vote of just right : )

Post a Comment