Thursday, January 26, 2023

OK

OK, I just have to keep doing this thing. This scribbling inquiry thing.

Not I have to as in I must, or I have no choice.

Rather, I have to as in I have the opportunity to.

I have the great good fortune to open my heart to.

Today I opened it to what became a mess.

OK.

On the heels of that mess I turned seconds later to a start I'd generated over the weekend that was 'complete' with regard to the exercise instructions that had sparked it but wasn't complete to my artistic eye …

… and I got my open-hearted-this-is-fun scribble on!

OK!!!

---

But first, the mess. Because a promise I made to myself when I started this blog was to post the good, the bad, and the ugly. Because one thing leads to another and something led me to this mess and something led me back out again. It's all part of a bigger story.



mess


6 comments:

Sheila said...

I love this mess! The restful blues, the punch of black scribble, and the sway of loopy lines. :) But I promise, I will not get attached. :) Haha.

carol edan said...

Scribbles yes, but more than meets the eye! Now for the fun, take away and adding, take and add.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Nothin' better than having someone love my mess rather than scold me and send me to my room! Thanks, Sheila! Punch, sway, loop, rest. You have provided a welcome infusion of energy.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

YES, Carol—take away and add, take away and add. I got stuck in add add add. Now I have a walk'n'talk with a friend, a webinar about Bach, a good night's sleep under my belt, and your insights, reminders, and invitation at hand. Yay!

Simone said...

I love the fact that you decided once to post the good, the bad and the ugly. Because one thing leads to the other, and it's all part of an ongoing evolving.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

I have learned so much from choosing to post all sides of the story of the unfolding of my journey with art—which is to say my life journey. Grateful to have you as part of that unfolding, grateful for your affirmation here : )

Post a Comment