Friday, March 5, 2021

Surrender Experiment

Mid-afternoon, I let myself stand still. 

Fully.

Physically and mentally.

Cleared the kinks from my body, the clutter from my mind.

Decided to act on inspiration from a post written by my friend Simone.

Grabbed a tiny piece of paper canvas.

Scribbled with a mechanical pencil.

Grabbed quinacridone nickel azo gold.

Used my finger to spread some color.

Added some white gesso.

Felt great to surrender to whatever transpired.


tiny art start on paper canvas


6 comments:

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

surrender....and it is beautiful. And QNAG is my favorite all time color for impact with anything. Whoa.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks, Jen. I am at the tired-barely-have-my-eyes-open end of the day. So lovely to have to you say hello and cheer me along with my studio surrender : )

Sheila said...

Tantalizing tiny art card :)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

'Twas just what the doctor ordered in the moment, Sheila.

Simone said...

Dear Dotty,
Thanks for your post! And how fun you used 'the surrender experiment' in painting! As always I love your art AND your writing!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

I'm so grateful for your inspiration, and for your recent in-process surrender videos!

Post a Comment