Monday, March 29, 2021

I Pick Up This Little

Even though I wake 

feeling hemmed in 

and crowded by 

the schedule of tasks 

enumerated for the day, 

I choose to lengthen my spine

and open my heart.

I pick up this little 

rectangle of paper, 

with its mark-making 

and light washes of color, 

place a paint pen in my hand,

begin to make new marks,

add more color,

and step completely out of 

time into 

grand spaciousness.


Be Joyful Though You Have Considered All the Facts
4.5 x 5.5" postcard; acrylic and ink on paper
abstract floral
2021


6 comments:

Simone said...

I love it how painting gives the possibility to step into Grand Spaciousness! I love your zen-style painting. Beautiful! Spring! (Here in the Netherlands it's a beautiful spring day, and the pear tree is flowering!)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Painting as a possibility to step into Grand Spaciousness is pure magic! Smiling at your appreciation of 'zen-style painting;' thanks!

We have an ancient, tall, scraggly pear tree in our back yard—buds but no flowers yet. But daffodils in bloom in the garden, and all sorts of green pushing up out of the soil.

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

it is beautiful!!!! What a great way to escape the feeling of being hemmed in my schedule! I think you should escape more often. xoxoxo

dotty seiter: now playing said...

YES!!! Escape more often! You are exactly right, Jen!

Thank you!

Sheila said...

Ahhh, delight! :)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Ahhh, thank you : )

Post a Comment