Thursday, February 11, 2021

Faces 16

Two more new friends in the making. 

I'm setting up four starts for the second lesson in the self-paced The Art of Abstract Faces course I'm adventuring through with artist/instructor Amanda Evanston blazing the way. She's doing her darnedest to move me past my hesitations, my tightnesses, my discomforts. 

Working on multiple pieces at once or in a series is such a good idea. Grateful to have Amanda encouraging me to do so.

face in progress



face in progress

6 comments:

Sheila said...

Why am I hearing Mack the Knife as I look at #1? Haha. The second has a classical feel to it. A Roman sculpture. Have fun Dotty!! :)

Simone said...

What a fascinating process!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Mack the knife! Just pulled up Bobby Darin to sing it to me. Holy moly, what a dark song that is!!! We'll see where these contour drawings lead me. With any good life, not into a life of crime!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Simone, the process IS fascinating. It opens doors to places I have not previously thought to explore on my own. Way fun!

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

I am just loving this series! So freeing...those backgrounds just fascinate me endlessly.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Those choas layer backgrounds with their superimposed blind contour drawings are SO freeing, giving me entrée to a place I might not otherwise venture. Happy to have my self-imposed chains snipped! Thanks for sharing your fascination—you fuel me to keep playing.

Post a Comment