Thursday, October 3, 2019

Up Close and Personal

I love an element of surprise in a painting. Could be front, center, and unmissable; could be a hidden treasure only noticed up-close-and-personal—and maybe not even noticed at all until a second, third, or thirteenth interaction with the painting.

In You Need Not and You Need Only the eye-openers for me come from bits of print collage that require a moment of stillness and close inspection to discover. To my delight, I'm repeatedly surprised and enlivened by these snippets each time I find one, even though my very own hands embedded them in this painting to begin with!

detail, You Need Only
detail, You Need Only
detail, You Need Only

4 comments:

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

Those little snippets and surprises are the frosting on your art cake. And might I say you are the most marvelous of art cake bakers!

carol edan said...

Bravo Jen, you couldn't have expressed that better. Each a world of its own!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks, Jen! I'm laughing because Dave and I ended up with some cake-related responsibilities at my son's wedding in September and it became quite clear that my pastry chef skills weren't sufficient to the problem that presented itself, a problem related to icing, I might add. Glad to know I can include art pastry chef on my résumé!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Carol, thank you for joining Jen in celebrating my art cake baking skills! Also, fun that you appreciate that each detail-photo featured in my post is a world of its own.

Post a Comment