Saturday, June 8, 2019

Noticing #1

noticing:
• how sunlight and shadow play on inches-deep moss and ferns in the Crockett Cove Woods Preserve
• how I want to be right when information is under dispute
• how I follow my own counsel and don’t argue
• how I’m pleased when my memory serves me and my information is correct
• how savory and satisfying my picnic lunch is

detail from a few minutes
 of starting to lay ground and color
on a large sheet of Canson drawing paper

on an exquisite sunny day in June

6 comments:

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

Noticing....how much I enjoy this glimpse into your moments, how map-like this start is, as if you have a plan for exactly where you're going. xo

Sheila said...

Your wonderful blog banner felt, comforting today. Old friend at my door for a visit. :) Picnic lunch sounds delightful :)

carol edan said...

Sounds like you are on vacation. Yay!! Sunshine and a good lunch what more could we ask for! Love the colors and strong marks!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Sheila, laughing at your mention of my blog banner b/c I'm now realizing how many months ago I put it in place; used to be I changed my banner monthly! Now, evidently, not so much!

Picnic lunches abound and are indeed delightful : )

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Yup, vacationing! Weather exquisite, and eating at least 2/3 of meals al fresco. Loving it all : )

Non-dominant hand and charcoal making the strong marks, dominant hand and paint applied with credit-card edge making splashes of color.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Jen, thank you for the gift of noticing my noticings! [I've just noticed that the reply I wrote and posted two days ago does not appear to have posted after all since I don't see it here at my website. wha???]. Fun to have you see in my start map-like markings that might indicate a plan for exactly where I am going.

As if.

Post a Comment