Saturday, February 23, 2019

Objets Trouvés, III

We’re not going to unravel 
all of your confusion
or 
anticipate every question 
that might arise
later in the semester, 
but 
you are going to leave today
knowing absolutely 
everything 
you need to know
to write perfect 
and 
perfectly grammatical 
sentences

for the rest of your lives.

                 —Michael Downing, Still in Love


You Probably Wonder What I'm Doing Here
4 x 5" greeting card; acrylic, ink, and oil pastel on canvas paper
abstract
2019

close-up

4 comments:

carol edan said...

Flying away in the wide be-yonder!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

!!! Escaped helium balloons? Spider eggs wafting to new homes in the wind?

Sheila said...

Party time! I am laying on the floor laughing, Because I just tripped over my long fancy-shmancy dress. The balloons look upside down. Wait, what? Ugh. No more champagne for me.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Sheila, your interpretation is spot-on! I'm right beside you giggling helplessly!

Post a Comment