Thursday, December 13, 2018

Spinning a Yarn

I am fascinated recently by the stories we tell ourselves, the yarns we spin.

Today I literally told my paint story with yarn. Wanting a 'paintbrush' that would be loose, floppy, and unpredictable, I raided a basket of yarn, cut some short lengths, and taped them to the handle end of a paintbrush. Perfect.

paint knife, fan brush, homemade yarn brush

Continued playing with yesterday's WIP.

detail, work in progress

Speaking of yesterday, and speaking of stories, allow me to finish spinning my yarn about the online order gone wrong. Having belly-laughed at a proposed 209-minute wait to speak with a customer service representative, I hung up and got on with things. Good decision. Later in the day, customer service actually responded to the email I'd sent four days earlier; the company offered to print up my order and ship it to multiple addresses (for the third time!) for free (for the second time!), and provided me follow-these-easy-steps directions.

Directions were, of course, not so easy. But I prevailed!

Only thing left is for the order to be printed correctly and mailed. Fingers crossed!


8 comments:

carol edan said...

What an interesting brush! Your detail a "Christmas Tree" look! Very happy. Hope your package arrives fast and safely even in the Christmas rush!

Simone said...

Dotty, I absolutely love the stories about the crazy world around us. You could bundle them into a book!
I am very curious to your experiments with hand made brushes. VERY interesting! Keep me posted!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

The improvised brush did well enough what I was hoping it would, and was fun! Still working on this particular WIP. Thanks for your feedback and good wishes, Carol.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Simone, I'm smiling at your enjoyment of my stories about the crazy world around us!

I enjoyed fiddling around with my improvised brush—it was at least 80% satisfactory for my purposes : )

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

I am fascinated by the yarn brush! Hmmmmm.

Customer service is a story all in itself. Glad yours seemed to have worked itself out. You've earned it!!!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

The yarn brush was fun. I may do some more fiddling with such stuff.

Customer service!

Sheila said...

Love that brush Dotty! Makes me think of something a Muppet would use. And that makes me laugh ;) OMG, good for you, hope it all went well. I ordered a gift for my Dad from one of my shops months ago. To arrive while he was in town. Well. It never arrived. I don't blame the POD, I think it was the USPS. I had it shipped to my brother's house, and they have had many problems with the delivery in that neighborhood. And it is a gated community... so that leaves the delivery person. In my mind. The company was very good, sent out a second order, all free of charge. Thank goodness. Hope your resolution is just as terrific ;)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

The impromptu playfulness of a makeshift brush was fun. I could see myself as a Muppet!

As for orders gone wrong, we all have our stories that's for sure.

Post a Comment