Saturday, May 21, 2016

UPDH Gets Restless

Ugly Painting Day Hydrangea (aka UPDH) was last seen looking like this:



I had started with a few charcoal marks, and went on to add some acrylic. When I added the acrylic, the charcoal disappeared from view, and the acrylic brushstrokes … well, I can't find words; take a look for yourself.

Yesterday UPDH started getting restless. I went in again with some fun quick charcoal marks. Then, this morning, I used a brayer with white paint over some areas, and scribbled with a metal stylus in the wet paint. Kinda interesting.



This afternoon UPDH started yammering about really wanting to take an aerobic walk, none of this one-step-here-one-step-there nonsense. So off we went, walking fast, changing direction often, working up a sweat.







A folk song I remember from childhood pops into consciousness:

The old gray mare,
She ain't what she used to be,
Ain't what she used to be,
Ain't what she used to be,
The old gray mare,
She ain't what she used to be,
Many long years ago.






No comments:

Post a Comment