Thursday, May 5, 2016

A SNeries; #3 Slips Down a Slide

Took a step with SNeries #3 on Saturday and now pick it up again today. This series continues to present engaging challenges.

Taking breaks?—good idea.

Each time I work on one of these pieces I inevitably get increasingly attached to something or other that then freezes me up.

Each time I return to one of these pieces with some distance under my belt, I start from a place of renewed and freeing non-attachment … or maybe I should say, renewed and freeing lesser-attachment.

Either way? Good for my painting.

Slip Slidin' Away
8x8", acrylic, ink, collage, and oil pastel on canvas paper
abstract
2016
$64

Recent history:





SNeries update:



4 comments:

Sheila said...

Bold black circles. Mouse ears. Disney theme in my head. That becomes 80. 80 ways to make a mark. Music still dancing in my head. Squiggles become paths. Walking through Disneyland. 'The ride is this way.' "no", someone says, this line is shorter, let's go over here." "I'm thirsty." "I want a souvenir." "Hurry the show is starting." Around every corner, fun, and food, and JOY.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Sheila, thanks for the virtual trip to Disney! Love the story line. Love your seeing the fun, food, and JOY : )

Unknown said...

Another high energy piece! Fun!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thank, Corinna. Fascinating to me that this piece (and this series), which demanded quite a bit of energy in the creating, is now radiating energy. Yay!

Post a Comment