Thursday, February 25, 2021

Faces 21

Good thing Jen Jovan posts on her blog regularly, so as to blow life into me when I've lost my blogging steam. Today she reminds me, via poet Mary Oliver, to stand still and learn to be astonished.

I am so in need of this reminder, this reminder to practice.

Every moment is a moment to stand still and be astonished.

In one such moment I notice the village vicar in a novel set in post-World War I English countryside. He refers to his work as being called to hatch, match, and dispatch.

Delight and astonishment! Hatch, match, dispatch!

The Friend Who Teaches Me How to Knot Thread
9 x 12"; acrylic, ink, pastel, and collage on drawing paper
abstract face
2021
$70


back story:
chaos layers, blind contour drawing,
and tissue collage


6 comments:

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

ok, so here I am, reading your blog and feeling tears of gratitude. That Mary Oliver can touch me, reach out, touch you, cause astonishment and ART and hatch, match and dispatch! Hooray!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

And it all circles back and touches me anew today through your message/comment here, Jen. Yes. I am stilled, astonished.

Sheila said...

Love that. Love the convo between the two of you. :) This face that captivates. :)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

I am calling on that reminder to stand still again and again and again. Pausing has not yet become my modus operandi.

Fun to hear that the face captivates you, Sheila!

Simone said...

I keep being grabbed by your faces. They're very special and 'deep'.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Your being grabbed and letting me know encourages me. I have a new face in progress but am finding it a challenge to return to you. Thank you for a spark to light my way!

Post a Comment