Thursday, August 2, 2018

Who Cares?

Sometimes the universe gives me a hug when I least expect it. Well, when I don't expect it at all, truth to tell.

My thought process yesterday: OK, I'm frazzled. Too much on my plate. No focus. Maybe I just won't paint. Or post. What does it matter? Who cares? It's my own gosh-darned idea to paint and post daily. I'm just creating stress for myself, for Pete's sake. Enough!

But I paint for a few minutes.

Then, an hour later I snap a studio shot.

After dinner I see the following comment in my The Height of Summer post:

Breathtaking, Dotty. And I can't believe we got to see it all emerge!

I've always hated spectator activities. Baseball? Snore. Football? Please stop! Dotty Seiter's blog? Yes, Carolyn! You're definitely a spectator ... you have no background or frame of reference. But fasten your seatbelt! You're in for a multisensory, mind expanding exploration that will take you places you've never been! 

Dotty, you have no idea how exciting it is to share your work/play. Thank you so much for every single post!


Thanks for the hug, Carolyn!

studio shot, work in progress;
had no idea I was going to move in this direction

8 comments:

carol edan said...

On those two words! How strong and emotional! "Who cares?" How many times have they sung in my head. Go away, leave me be. I care and that is enough. We all care. We all wait in an anticipation!6:00 am what has Dotty for us today? Never disappointing! Always an inspiation! Oh, by the way, love where this is going!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Good morning, Carol. I'm always so glad to have YOU saying good morning to me when I first open my computer for the day. Thank you!

Yeah, self-talk, both 'good' and 'bad' is fairly constant. I try not to engage so much as to notice, acknowledge, and keep on moving.

Not quite sure where this piece is moving but it is engaging me this week, in little snippets of time between multiple appointments and other commitments.

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

A blog as a spectator sport! How brilliant!!! What a huge hug that was! I am one of your many fans in the bleachers, hoping to catch a foul ball. xo

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Jen, I know—blogs as a spectator sport! And, indeed, a warm affirming hug that came at the perfect time.

IF you catch a foul ball, it needs to come RIGHT to your glove, which will be held absolutely still in your lap, Jen. Remember, no moving yet!

Sheila said...

Love this! Love your hug! Love foul ball! LOVE YOU DOTTY! I missed you when you were on vacation. Remember that song that was #1 so long we were all sick of it? "You light up my life!"

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Sheila, thank you for YOUR hug here.

I still remember the first blog hug ever from you—I think you were the first artist who discovered me online and commented. That was HUGE in so many ways, the most vital of which, as I've mentioned before, was waking me up to the fact that *I* could comment at the blogs of others. Thanks for your long-lived support and cheerleading.

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

ha ha! Ok, yes ma'am. Holding still with my glove in my lap. :)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

!!!

Post a Comment