Monday, February 13, 2017

There 'Sno Day Like a Snow Day

We kept ourselves out of winter's reach for weeks and weeks and weeks, but she caught up with us!

Snow Day on Thursday.

Another Snow Day Friday.

Snow on Saturday.

Snow on Sunday.

Another Snow Day today.

By Snow Day I mean no school for local schools.

As a private tutor, that has meant Snow Days for me as well!

I'll give you a sneak peek at details of the painting I'm working on, with its working title Vova. I introduced little painted patterns with a brush. Very enjoyable and satisfying. Great way to while away a Snow Day.


Vova 21317 detail
Vova 21317 detail
Vova 21317 detail

6 comments:

Sheila said...

Oh, there you go again. And such a tease. I want to pull up one of the corners, to see if I can glimpse the entire painting. Makes no sense I know. Show me :)
Oh well... til tomorrow. :/

Janet Bradish said...

Agree with Sheila.....you are a tease!! Does 'Vova' mean something - perhaps in another language? Glad you are enjoying your snow days - but not snowed in! Will check back tomorrow.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Ha! Gotcha eating out of my hand! Fear not, more to see today.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Vova is a Russian name, evidently a diminutive of Vladimir. My connection with the name is the absolutely delightful children's picture book by Patricia Polacco entitled UNCLE VOVA'S TREE. If you're not familiar w/ Polacco's writing and illustrations, get to a library immediately and check her out. This piece will eventually have a direct connection to UNCLE VOVA'S TREE if all goes well.

Thanks for stopping by, Janet : )

Unknown said...

I knew the name Vova sounded familiar; you gave us that book years ago. Can't wait to see where this painting goes!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Hi, Joje! Fun that the name Vova was ringing a bell, even if not clearly enough to completely reveal its origin. Stay tuned for ongoing developments : )

Post a Comment