What my father—and most of us—don't know
is that we live on the edge of abstract most of the time. (p. 144)
I think she's onto something.
My adventuring goes this way today:
• divide yesterday's 5x8" in half,
• take one of the 4x5" halves and turn it this way and that,
• walk away and come back more than once,
• prep some food in the kitchen,
• jump back and forth between left and right brain,
• pay some bills,
• rummage through my hand-painted collage papers,
• get out paint, glue, scissors,
• find myself here, at my first completed, won't-be-cut-in-half piece of the January Challenge!
4x5"; acrylic, ink, and collage on canvas paper