Today, my playtime goes as follows:
• cut yesterday's 8x10" into two 5x8's,
• take one 5x8" and sit with it for a bit,
• breathe out, let my thoughts drain away, see what surfaces when I breathe in,
• use a fat black paint marker to make implied ovoid shapes of some sort that run off the edges of the paper,
• use gold ink to carry yesterday's line work into today's bands of black,
• pause, and make some tiny gold circles in (and sneaking out of) the black spaces,
• think to myself, stop now?,
• but why, when I'm itchy to use a pipette (idea from Kari Melen) to scribble some yellow house paint?;
• don't have a pipette but improvise with an empty squeeze bottle courtesy of Clairol hair coloring!
I repeat: totally having fun.
|January 2017 30in30 Challenge, Day 4|
5x8"; acrylic, pencil, and ink on canvas paper
work in progress