Saturday, January 9, 2016

Une Petite Aire de Jeux

Such a little playground. So much playing.

Got out my color wheel today. Revisited complementary and analogous colors; tint, hue, and tone; warm and cool colors; color scheme and color harmony.

Thought about composition. Focal point. Movement.

Made decisions that would allow me to use the dusky purple section of a 2015 calendar without letting any dates show.

Watched two artists' video demonstrations that energized my own self-expression.

Such a tiny playground. Such big fun.

Paper Prayer 27
2x5.5", acrylic and wax pastels on watercolor paper
abstract
2015
[not for sale]



6 comments:

  1. Love it, wonderful movement Dotty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sheila. This little painting just painted itself happily through my hand and brush and pastels. Always grateful for those gifts of flow.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Cindy. The real fun of this little paper prayer bookmark is that it was a perfect match for the cover of the book I just read!

      Delete
  3. I love the complements, here, Dotty. And what a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laurie. I've been having fun poking around in all sorts of different directions with my painting of late, as you've no doubt noticed. This one was a pleasure to paint/create and has been a pleasure to revisit again and again as I use it as a bookmark.

      Delete