Thursday, July 9, 2020

Streetable #10

You know how good-byes feel. 
How the air gets excited 
when all its ions 
and electrical charges 
are disrupted, 
first by the intent to leave 
and after by the leaving itself. 
Then, when the bodies move 
away through space, 
they create empty pockets 
where feelings get caught 
and eddy around in the vacuum, 
creating little vortices 
of relief 
or sadness 
or confusion. 
That’s the way it felt 
on the day the Seeds left town.

Ruth Ozeki, All Over Creation



Perhaps If She Acts as Though Things Are Normal
4 x 6" postcard; acrylic and ink
abstract
2020

before primping



6 comments:

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

Primping! Instead of "Pimp My Ride" your reality tv show will be "Primp My Painting"! Every example you post just further confirms in my head how important those final details are. Wowzers. You have such an eye for detail...

carol edan said...

What great word! Primping! Added to my vocabulary! Wonderful to see how just a touch of contrast makes those light "sing'.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Jen, I'm soaking up your welcome & helpful feedback. Thank you! Returning to several of these postcard starts (including this one) that already pleased my eye and felt complete in many ways really challenged me to think and act with more attention to the basic elements of visual language that can bring impact to and enhance a piece.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Grateful for your feedback, Carol! As I mentioned to Jen, not easy for me to risk moving forward and 'wrecking' something I already like and don't know intuitively how to enliven except by taking a leap of courage and daring.

Sheila said...

Perhaps if she acts as though things are normal. Wow, that is really speaking to me right now.
And why is it I hear water crashing, and the chorus from, "Love is a Many Splendored Thing"? Haha. Thank you Dotty ;)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Perhaps-if-she-acts-as-though-things-are-normal was/is speaking to me as well, Sheila; glad it resonates. LOL with you re water crashing and hearing the chorus of Love Is a Many Splendored Thing : )

Post a Comment