Monday, December 4, 2017

Slapstick 12/4/17

Slap, slap, slap.

Snip, snip, snip.

Oh, wait.

This is a slapstick inquiry, not a slapsnip inquiry.

Too late.

Not only too late to backtrack but also too late to rewind the clock and claim that I worked quickly, although I did generate a 9x12" start and bring to completion a 4x5" piece this afternoon.

After slapping:

acrylic and china marker on 12x16" paper;
WIP

I cut two 4x5" postcards from the start above, and then snipped pieces from one card to collage onto the other.

After snipping and sticking:

No One in Town Wanted Dr. Byron's Counsel
4x5"; acrylic, china marker, and collage on paper,
mounted on heavy manila stock
abstract
2017


10 comments:

carol edan said...

You have been missed! Glad you are back with snipping and sticking. This little piece could have been Picasso's or Braque! Glad it has a name, then I know it's not going to be touched at least for now!Off to class.

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

ACK! This is magnificent! Nice slapping and snipping! Snippety-do-da! The TITLE! You are a wonder.

Simone said...

Hi Dotty,
Fun to see yesterday's painting come back on top of your blog! It is interesting how those straight lines make contrast with the cloudy colors.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Carol, indeed this piece is named and complete, will not be touched except to frame should the occasion arise. Why thank you very much for the Picasso/Braque nod; I think it was watching the Picasso video you forwarded to me that got me going in this direction, at least subconsciously. Thanks!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Snippety-do-da! Precisely! Thanks for the nods to both painting and titling. Having fun : )

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Happy you noticed and enjoyed my December blog banner painting. Thanks for the feedback on the straight-lines vs. cloudy-colors contrast feedback.

Sheila said...

WOW! You banner is awesome. Seeing it large was a nice surprise :) This is so very perfect. Your cubist clipping and snipping, the lights and darks, the face I see, the changing spots... Love this one Dotty! You knocked it out of the park ;)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Yay! Always love when someone notices a change in banner—and you never miss a trick : )

I'm impressed with your recognition of the cubism in my painting, something I wouldn't even have recognized myself had I not just seen a video re same.

You're a giant step ahead of me in seeing a face. Give me a hint?

Thank you for your feedback. So grateful.

Sheila said...

It is a duck face. A bill, two dark eyes and a furrowed brow. One black brow. ;)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Holy mackerel! Or, holy mallard!

Post a Comment