• the LLBean packaging enclosure that was printed on cardstock in exactly the same color palette as the book jackets;
• the calendar Dave passed my way in February, with its offerings of print on various background colors;
• my own art printed in a 2017 Shutterfly calendar that provided collage material;
• the power outage that entertained me with many hilarious challenges as I worked;
• the personal power surge that resulted when Dave didn't have the energy to deal with some financial paperwork we were scheduled to undertake together, thereby leaving me free to play;
• the cutting of the cardstock into two narrow strips halfway through the process and developing each separately; and
• the toss into our recycling bin of an older handpainted bookmark (of similar palette) that I've never liked.
Sure hope I like the two novels for which I've customized my new masterpieces!
|book from library|
|This Road We Traveled|
1.5x6"; acrylic, India ink, collage, and oil pastel on card stock