Thursday, December 21, 2017

Slapstick 12/21/17

I remember my first scavenger hunt.

I was living in the Netherlands with my family. I was eleven years old. I was at a birthday party. On a wooded path in a neighborhood park we were split into teams to find a key, a doll, a piece of stained glass, and other enumerated items. In the woods? I could see no key, no doll. Not on first glance. Not on second. Not even on third. But eventually, we found them all.

Fun to search.

Very satisfying to find.

Today, another scavenger hunt: Find a dancer. In pigtails.

Huh.




HA!

The Rest of That Day Was a Confusion of Things
4x5"; acrylic, India ink, collage, and pastel on paper
abstract
2017




10 comments:

carol edan said...

What a wonderful series! So dynamic and inspiring. Feel like dancing away in my studio/computer room. Probably upsetting all the mess into a new mess.. Who cares!

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

From slapstick to scavenger hunt....you take us on a playful adventure with a HUGE prize at the end!!! LOVE!

Simone said...

Love your explorations, Dotty! What a fun memories of the Netherlands;-)
Wish you all the best during Christmas time!

Sheila said...

Oh yes! She is wearing one of those Lucille ball dresses! Silk slacks under a split, flowing skirt. So elegant, so mod, so perfect for dancing! :)

Katie Jeanne said...

I see the dancer, but not the pigtails. :) I see lots of other things, tho..like swirling wind and a figure practicing yoga. Love reading your childhood story. Really enjoying seeing this series come to life.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Carol, love your response to these found figures and their devil-may-care attitude! Thanks!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks, Jen! Yes, playful adventuring of late to be sure! All these new friends coming to join me in my studio : )

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Simone, thanks, and yes to the fun Netherlands memory, and thanks : )

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Lucille Ball! Love that image, Sheila! Thanks!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Love your finding a figure who's practicing yoga, Katie! Thanks for letting me know of your enjoyment of the childhood story and seeing this series come to life : )

Post a Comment