I adventure as follows:
• cut yesterday's 16x20" start in half,
• take the top 10x16" half and drip/splatter black ink on it,
• let that dry,
• rotate the paper to portrait orientation and paint a 'land mass' across the lower third or so with transparent green gold acrylic,
• mix up some opaque titanium white, some glazing liquid, and a touch of opaque bright aqua green,
• use a palette knife to spread the mix over areas of the painting, rotating my paper repeatedly.
I enjoy the not knowing.
I like the textural energy that emerges.
Here's who I am today.
|January 2017 30in30 Challenge, Day 2|
10x16"; acrylic and ink on canvas paper
work in progress