Thursday, June 9, 2016

Short on Studio Time

I was short on studio time over the weekend, traveling to Maine to be with extended family on Saturday and overnight, and then traveling back on Sunday. I tapped into two blogposts I'd received from other artists last week, one about line and one about five-minute paintings. Here's what emerged in about eight minutes early Saturday morning before I hit the road.

work in progress on 5x8" gessoed manila stock

I envision that I will return to this, to what feels like a start, but perhaps for only five more minutes.

4 comments:

Simone said...

I really think those 5-minute-paintings are a blessing. You can always create! Isn't that wonderful! Makes it possible to just throw some paint around. Nobody expects miracles in 5 minutes... ;-)

And sometimes they occur nonetheless! Love your painting!


have a nice weekend,
Simone

Sheila said...

WOW Dotty! So much for thinking I have not time to paint. LOL. Have a super weekend :)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Amazing the time I can find when I'm determined, and then fun to see what evolves no matter how little or how much time I have. Thanks for checking in : )

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks, Simone. I am duly grateful for the blessing of 5-minute paintings—as you affirm, we can always create!

Post a Comment