Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Wildflower IDs

I remember my dad's taking my younger sisters and me on a walk around our Old Kelsey Point summer-rental neighborhood in Connecticut one summer evening when I was maybe 8 or 9 years old.

He carried a small book.

Not just any book, but what turned out to be a field guide to area wildflowers.

What excitement!

We'd spy a flower, find it in the book!

Discover its name!

Today, I've created a scrappy patch of summer lawn.

activating a new patch

I've spied some wildflowers!

work in progress within a work in progress

10 comments:

Sheila said...

So fun Dotty :) Lovely memories, I am sure :) Flower treasures ;)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks, Sheila. Very sweet memories. Fun to paint them. Well, I didn't really paint them—I think I painted, and then found the memories there.

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

A glorious memory! My dad carried a bird book when we took walks. :) This floral patch is lovely...the texture - a catalyst wedge?

Joany Kendra said...

I LOVE this in every way!!!

Janet Bradish said...

Love this post - the memories and the painting. All that great texture and colour!!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

LOVE that your dad carried a bird book when you took walks : )

Yes, part of the texture is from a catalyst tool.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

: )

Joje, do you remember that walk? Not sure why it stands out so vividly for me, but it does. Tweety Mack!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thank you, Janet. I take such pleasure in having the act of painting evoke such sweet memories.

carol edan said...

A beautiful burst of spring!Bouquet of colors and energy!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Good thing I can create lush spring whenever I wish with paint, because I seem to have no influence whatsoever on spring in the great outdoors here in my neck of the woods! Thanks for your comments, Carol.

Post a Comment