Monday, April 23, 2018

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue?

Something old: a square on my Core Values work in progress, waiting weeks for its day in the sun.

Something new: a fine line marker.

Something borrowed:

(a) Simone's first-layer approach: do anything; it is early yet
(b) Jane's model of fearless veiling to create depth
(c) Betty's spirit of mark making on top of mark making
(d) Sylvia's vivid warm application of color

Something blue? Not so much!

This patch-in-progress is going to sit as is till tomorrow.



8 comments:

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

Love the warmth of this sweet patch...like sunshine through the window, perfect for my pooch to stretch out and bask in the glow. "Do anything, it's early yet." - my new motto for life.

Janet Bradish said...

Ahhh - reminds me of chiffon.....Beautiful soft colour - I feel spring and warmth. You are a painting force to be reckoned with Dotty - have looked at the previous posts and such great painting and experimenting happening!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks, Jen. Mmmmm, sunshine through the window.

Isn't that do-anything-it's-early-yet invitation just a heart opener par excellence?

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Janet, thank you for being such a champion cheerleader. I am ever grateful for your observations and encouragement.

Chiffon! Fun!

Simone said...

Hey Dotty, thanks for finding myself back in your Daily Painting Stories. I love how you learn from everybody, and also I love to learn from you every day!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

You're welcome, and thank YOU!

carol edan said...

Something blue, well it's still in progress so anything can happen!
I love it's generous warmth! Loved the line work after the veil, so delicate! Maybe that can creep back in!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Carol, thanks for the feedback on generous warmth, delicate line work after the veil—love both of those elements myself!

Post a Comment