Sunday, June 12, 2016

Revisiting

I am so loving painting whatever comes from who-knows-where inside me.

Such a surprise each day to see what that might be.

Today, the same place I'd seen my first afternoon in Feltzen South was imprinted in my emotional memory. With that internalized image as a nudge, I pulled a few tubes of paint, a few brushes.

I watched what transpired.

Am I painting a series? Don't know.

Is this a sketch? Don't know. But do like its light feeling, its not covering the canvas from edge to edge to edge to edge.

Same Place, Different Day
6x6", acrylic on canvas board
abstract
2016




6 comments:

Simone said...

I absolutely love it when you paint from a place of 'not-knowing'! I think that is the best place to paint from...

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks, Simone. I seem to be moving deeper and deeper into painting from not-knowing. I think, even though I didn't know it at the time, I took up painting two years ago for exactly that reason—to peel back layers and get way back to a starting place of not knowing.

Sheila said...

I love the non edgy edges as well Dotty. Love the sky, and the wonderful reflecting waster, the glorious trees :)

Joany Kendra said...

I'm loving the edge to edge painting as well as the reflection in the water. You continue to amaze me with what you paint!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks, Sheila. Beautiful surroundings here 360˚. It's funny to be so surrounded by the sea … because I am feeling a bit AT sea in my vacation painting.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks, Joje. Nova Scotia as a whole is surrounded by water and reflections, and almost every place we go is an inlet or a spit of land surrounded by reflections.

Post a Comment