Friday, December 11, 2015

An Hour on a December Morning

watercolor paper
burnt umber
yellow ochre
cadmium yellow medium
chromium oxide green
ultramarine blue
titanium white
painting knife
#4 bright

I carve time out of my schedule from negative space.

Then I jump into three different experiences in my studio:

First, I scrape autumn saltwater marsh colors across watercolor paper with a painting knife. Love the roughness and imprecision.

Then, I ink in some lines. Love their thinness, the hint of a landscape.


After that, with my brush, sky and water become the negative space that makes trees and land pop into possibility. Love the transformation.


I stop in medias res today.


4 comments:

Joany Kendra said...

Seeing the evolution is fascinating. Can't wait to see the ending!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Joje, thanks for your enthusiasm. Gotta keep my audience hankerin', ya know!

Sheila said...

Show us more :) lol

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Patience, Sheila, patience! (My granddaughter Caroline, who is already privy to the final product, is chuckling as I write you this reply!)

Post a Comment