Thursday, August 20, 2015

Taproot

Takodah is a taproot in my life, a central core running deep. A gift beyond measure.

Here I am, infusing myself with all it has to offer which, this summer, includes painting. This morning my improvisational studio was even more makeshift than usual. Early skies were temporarily cloud-filled and there were no working lights on the enclosed porch in Grube, leaving me in poor lighting. I moved my easel to a chair so as to catch as much window light as possible and sat myself on a footstool so the easel was at a workable height. Kinda crazy. Completely wonderful.

Cass Pond called to me again as a painting subject. The soft light of early morning reflected the blue, green, and white I so love here, and the soft scene embodied the morning grace we sing at camp—God has created a new day, silver and green and gold, live that the sunset may find you worthy His gifts to hold.

God Has Created a New Day
6x6", acrylic on canvas board
nature
2015

No comments:

Post a Comment