Saturday, August 22, 2015

Roughin' It

A terrific week roughin' it at Takodah. Tuckin' in to a sleeping bag on a bunk at night. Chipmunks and bats sharing our cabin. Toilets in a separate building. Holes in screens. Awkwardnesses in my makeshift studio. A textured retreat into rough and rustic.

Yesterday, found myself roughin' it even more than usual as I painted. Had to hurry so as not to miss the fun of cheering participants in the family camp canoe/run/swim triathlon. Painted up a sketch with rough strokes. Liked the quick decisions, experiments, unexpected discoveries.

Paddled my paint, ran my ideas, stroked my brush, and crossed my own toilet-paper finish line, a little short of breath but pleased to be contending.

Claire's Not-Clutter, Office Porch
6x6", acrylic on canvas board
floral
2015


No comments:

Post a Comment