Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Ill-Defined

The word tumult comes to mind, so I look it up. Top definition refers to loud confused noise. Nope, that's not what I'm looking for. Second definition references confusion and disorder. Closer, but not really on target. I look next at chaos. In a state of complete confusion and disorder. 

Hmm, what's the word for partial confusion and disorder? What's the suffix that would indicate of or pertaining to confusion and disorder? Tumultish? Chaotious?

My current internal and external circumstances feel confused and disordered but, in truth, they are not without some clarity and systems.

I can't find the precise word I want.

I feel ill-defined.

In any case, here's what emerges in stolen moments over the course of at least two weeks when I open my sketchbook and put art supplies of one sort or another into my hands.



Even If You Was Made to Do Bad Stuff, You Don't Have to For Ever
9 x 12"; acrylic, watercolor, ink, oil pastel, and collage on paper
abstract
2022

5 comments:

Sheila said...

Love this Dotty. Sitting here visually traveling the highways and byways. :)

carol edan said...

First, speedy recovery for whoever had the operation! Find it hard to believe that you couldn't find the exact word. Interesting things happening, can feel the order and dis-order in the piece. We are getting close to our holidays, so wishing you a Happy New Year, health, peace, and lots of creativity. I truly believe that creativity can clear out the cobwebs!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Carol, thank you for your insightful and thoughtful comments. Dave is the one with the new knee—the recovery process is challenging/humbling for both of us! LOL at your disbelief in my difficulty finding the exact word I wanted!! Oooo, happy that you can see both the order and disorder in this piece; thanks for the affirming words. Thanks also for your lovely New Year wishes. Uplifting : )

Nicky said...

Once again, I really like the title.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Not sure why, but your comment got me thinking about titles and wondering if a piece of art has a title, does that make it entitled?? Thanks for commenting!

Post a Comment