Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Faces 18

Today, I just want to create in my visual diary an in-process record of the mark-and-response going on with a new abstract face. 

My attention to illumination and shadow as part of the Rembrandt lighting exploration has led somehow with this particular face to a more highly representational mode than with other faces recently. My inner guide is telling me to get my need for a somewhat photographically-faithful rendering out of my system first. 

Then, let's see what else I might want to do. Or not. 

I'm thinking more playful and pranky and improbable is a distinct possibility.





8 comments:

Simone said...

What a fascinating process!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks for supporting my process, Simone. It is evolving on its own, and it is fascinating me, too! Lots of engagement, learning, discovery, and flow. More to come …

Joany Kendra said...

Fascinating is definitely the operative word. Looks like there’s a very handsome man hiding in the wings.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

He is surprisingly handsome! I will fiddle with light and shadow a bit more; then I do want to dare to mess him up a bit, make him look 'lived-in.' Stay tuned!

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

oh oh OH! This one really grabs me! As do the words "playful and cranky", which lit up my face with a HUGE smile!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

This guy is really grabbing me for some reason, too, Jen! But he's calling out to wildly divergent parts of me. Today I will probably continue to honor the monochromatic values call. But who knows what might happen after that? Surely not I.

Sheila said...

Powerful, graphic, moody. thought provoking. I love the last view. I can swear I see an eye. It's there. The palette, the bright lines. The clean shapes. WOW!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks once again for your feedback and identification of elements of visual language, Sheila, for putting words to the visual in ways I have not done for myself.

Post a Comment