Wednesday, October 14, 2020

NY (4)

Sometimes drippy mixed green leftover from yesterday, washed over a 2015 painting and left to dry; a few colors squeezed directly onto the substrate and mixed/spread with a palette knife; use of a metal kitchen skewer to scratch through wet paint; scribbles made with a paint marker, also left to dry; application of paint onto a foam roller moved over random sections of the substrate; and highlighting some residual color still peeping out from the original painting, using paint markers again … sometimes that combination of expressive actions feels just right.

Such was the case today.

Visual history of 4th NY-vacation painting start:








8 comments:

carol edan said...

Just a splatter of orange makes the difference!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks, Carol. That bit of orange and green really hit the spot with me : )

Simone said...

Dear Dotty,

I'm so glad to finally take a look at your magnificent paintings of the last few days! What a colors - I just can feel through the screen the beauty of the scenery and the joy you feel while painting.

I'm thinking about you regularly, wondering how you are - and I'm so glad to (finally - could have done that earlier, I'm sorry!) see that there's LIFE jumping from my screen. I hope you'll have a wonderful rest of the week - It's lovely to hear from you this way! Bye!!!!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Simone, so happy you stopped by! We are way out in the huge spaciousness of the world, breathing it in with gratitude and joy. Thanks for your feedback and affirmation about my painting starts. Ironically, it occurs to me just now, several of the old paintings I selected to paint over with new starts this week are painting exercises I did on previous vacations.

Sheila said...

Drippy green.... fun :)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Yeah, that was leftover from yesterday, couldn't throw it away, added some water, played with that on this substrate as a first layer (on top of pre-existing layers from 5 years ago).

Simone said...

Painting exercises are good for everything!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

These starts will be a happy link between my living this week in NY and my living again back in MA : )

Post a Comment