Saturday, June 6, 2020

Inquiring Mind Wants to Know; Neutrals (1)

Giving my 24 x 48" work-in-progress a rest, I plan to engage in two inquiries for the next week to ten days:

1. poke around with conscious neutral thinking to see what I might learn, and

2. poke around in my studio to see what I come up with by way of a bunch of grid-format postcard starts using mostly neutrals.

Accordingly, neutrals:

1. I pulled out the copy of Little Women I used as a painting journal while I was in Virginia in January and February, found some fresh pages, and applied white gesso.

2.


starting to neutralize book pages




8 comments:

carol edan said...

In art/paintings neutrals play an important role. They complement the other colors and make them sing. So many are afraid of what they refer to as "mud". Awaiting your new discoveries!

Simone said...

This sounds as such an inspiring experiment! Neutralizing book pages. Really good!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Yes to the role of neutrals! They are one way to provide the important element of contrast. Like character foils in literature. Waiting along with you to see what comes of my intention to play with neutrals!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Simone, thanks for applauding my experiment! Now to see where it leads me : )

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

How to think neutral thoughts? Can't wait to see where this experiment takes you. :) So grateful that you share these adventures with the rest of us!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

I did just the tiniest tiniest bit of poking around regarding neutral thinking, a term that just recently came to my attention, before deciding to explore in the same way that I do with painting: dive in any which way and see what I learn.

Sheila said...

Had fun making a neutral taupe today. Enjoy Dotty! xoxox

dotty seiter: now playing said...

oh yeah, taupe! acrylics? what recipe, Sheila??

Post a Comment