Saturday, February 29, 2020

Muse-ing in My Studio

I had fun using limited supplies to mix a crazy range of greens.

I wonder how many more I could have created.

I wonder if black acrylic paint has some blue in it.

I wonder what fortune might lie in the numbers collaged here, which I chose only for their green ink and graphic qualities. 

I wonder what someone outside myself might read in the tea leaves of my brushstrokes, scribbles, mark-making, and finger painting here.

The Air is Green and I Breathe in the Beauty of It
7 x 9"; acrylic, oil pastel, and collage on a book page
abstract
2020

-----

slightly earlier iteration of The Air (left), in a two-page spread
with a companion piece that later goes floral


6 comments:

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

Green! Spring! Tea leaves of brushstrokes....now that sounds like a novel waiting to happen. :)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

I'll get on that novel right away.

Come to think of it, I'll get on those green leaves right away, too—the outdoor ones, not the ones on canvas!

carol edan said...

If mixing the yellow with black makes a green then it definitely has some blue in it. The mixes are infinite. Limitations I feel give more freedom.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Limitations can be just the ticket, can't they, Carol?!

Sheila said...

I see FUN. I see JOYful scribbles. Playful patterns. Gritty greens and BOLD black. I see Dotty :)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks for reading my tea leaves, Sheila! I'll be heading to bed soon, and I'll go with a smile on my face : )

Post a Comment