Friday, December 7, 2018

The Holidays

My prayer this afternoon: Let me live every day as a holy day.

Ha! I'm not there yet. Went to take a photo after painting today. Battery dead in my phone. Charged it. Went outside to catch some late afternoon sun for light. My phone had no storage left. Zero. Could not take a single photo. Waited for Dave to come home so I could use his phone. Sun had gone down.

All I could say was, Holy moly.

---

Sometime last week, I took the start that I first posted on November 29 and cut it into quadrants. I continued developing one of those quadrants today, and then played with putting it under a mat and into a frame. Right now it's perched on a dresser and each time I see it, I feel as though I'm looking out a window.

work in progress


9 comments:

carol edan said...

Basa (bummer) for times like these.
Yes, a window! Either spring blossoms or fall leaves doesn't matter!
If you have a smartphone use app google photos! Every photo goes in the cloud and easy to download from the cloud to your computer.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks for the window to another way to store photos, Carol.

I also came out of my funk long enough to learn how to free up several GBs of storage that I hadn't previously known how to do.

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

Holy moly is right! ha ha! Love the idea of living every day as a holy one. And this piece - pure joy and light! Looking out the window into hope and sparkly possibilities...

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks, Jen. It's a sunshiny day here, though nippy, and I'm happy each time I look out the window to hope and sparkly possibilities.

Simone said...

It is beautiful, Dotty! Delightful. It's realistic and abstract at the same time.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Simone, thanks for that feedback. That's how it felt as I worked on it.

Carolyn said...

I love this one especially, Dotty. For me it captures perfectly - both abstractly and realistically - my favorite times and places here in Vermont. The vaulted blue of the sky, the sunlit, stained-glass colors of leaves as they are changing, and the dark outlines of winter to come... all are there in a way that is wholly, with and/or without the moly. Beautiful!

Carolyn said...

Autocorrect changed my holy to wholly.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Autoincorrect, as I lovingly and laughingly refer to it, is wholly holy, don'tcha think?

I just have to laugh that my writing was significantly more error-free before autoincorrect came along! What I used to trust would be correctly spelled in the wake of my typing fingers now requires careful proofreading, and I have not yet developed the requisite reflex to proofread each and every time!

Post a Comment