Monday, August 6, 2018

Taking Note

For a number of days now, I have been especially thought-full, noticing alternating current in my day-to-day living, noticing the back-and-forth in play between peaceful engaged presence and agitated internal chatter as I created this piece.

In a Hurry has become a visual meditation: a reminder to breathe, a signifier of the space between an in-breath and an out-breath, an invitation to move at a slower pace, a nudge towards mindfulness.

In a Hurry as the Babysitter's Meter Ticks
7x7"; acrylic, latex, India ink, and handpainted collage on canvas paper
abstract
2018

6 comments:

carol edan said...

At first glance I love the paths that the smaller pieces weave around the larger pieces. Makes an interesting mosaic! Hope to get a better look on the big screen in the morning.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Carol, thanks for your feedback. The smaller pieces weren't even a part of my original concept but pretty early on they let me know they wanted in. There were several engaging puzzles to solve while working on this, with contrast's being one of them. Do take a look on a bigger screen if you get the chance.

carol edan said...

Opening it up in the light-box! What a difference!Now I can really see your play with the contrasts int both the larger ans smaller pieces as well. Very subtle but definitely there!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks for taking a second look in a different venue, Carol, and thanks for the further feedback : )

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

Somehow I didn't receive the notice of this post! What a beauty! And a visual meditation....love that idea. I am reading The 11 Karmic Spaces, which advises our lives should be focused on the spaces between everything, including the space between raindrops. The synchronicity of your post and that book is uncanny and makes me look over my shoulder to see who's watching...:)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Very strange that there was no notice of this post—I'd wondered about that.

LOVE the uncanny synchronicity, especially funny because I was wondering what you might be reading currently and nearly asked you yesterday.

One of the gifts of posting on a blog is having others comment on what I've said … reminding me of what I've already forgotten! Thank you. The spaces in between.

Post a Comment