Saturday, August 25, 2018

Gone Fishin'

As I write this post, I'm in Maine with my dad to share a week-long vacation. Later this morning (Saturday) we leave Bethel and drive to Port Clyde where we'll take a ferry to Monhegan, a one-square-mile island I've never visited before. Ten miles off the coast. No cars allowed. Watch out for dangerous cliffs. Woo hoo!

I've packed a tiny travel art kit, but don't know what shape this vacation will take—don't know if I'll paint, don't know what my wifi situation will be, don't know if I'll post, don't know but what I might extend the internet part of my vacation even after I return home.

Just know I'm getting on a ferry and heading to Don't Know!

Below, a place holder until I return.

color study
4x4"; acrylic on canvas
abstract
2014

10 comments:

Janet Bradish said...

'Don't know' sounds pretty good and what a great travelling companion you have - adventure awaits!

carol edan said...

Just glimpsed at the Island through google, what an exciting place. Real glad you brought some supplies, the place is full of paintings to be. Enjoy your special time.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Janet, hello! 'Don't know' feels great. I'll wake to a brand new morning in a brand new place, and I have no plans. Totally awesome to be with my 92 y.o. dad, who didn't even blink before answering affirmatively when I proposed this trip : )

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks, Carol. There is lovely footage on youtube; google chronicle: monhegan island and you'll find three short segments I, II, and III on WCVB-TV that feature the island. It's quite a remarkable little place.

NO clue what shape my painting will take here. Stay tuned!

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

What a wonderful way to spend the weekend! Enjoy the adventure! And your color study has one of the most dazzling combinations in it...it speaks of royalty, strength and passion. xo

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Vacation on Monhegan is underway and wonderful!

Glad you like the color study; I've always like this little piece. Yes: royalty, strength, and passion!

Sheila said...

Oh how pretty Dotty! I agree, lots of things to paint there, ;) this made me think of a cross and a prayer. Then... light breaking through the clouds, a country fence post.... a sepia toned tornado..... red sparkly shoes and technicolor poppies. The mind obviously wanders.
Enjoy your family time!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Love where your mind wanders, Sheila! And love that you share the delightful wandering.

Monhegan is beautiful. Time with my dad is sweet. Have fiddled twice with watercolors but feel more at sea with THAT than being at sea ten miles off the coast of Maine!

Simone said...

Just googled Monhegan Island. It looks beautiful!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

It was! What a sweet vacation!

Post a Comment