Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Soft Gray Morning

I love a bright warm sunny blue-skied summer morning.

I love a soft cool gray closed-in summer morning.

Soft gray's what I had as I painted this piece …

… along with painters in and out the front door, up and down the stairs, in the hall, in the bathroom.

I snagged a few supplies from my studio before the painters knocked on the front door. Then I set up a make-shift space on a desk in another part of the house and puttered.

Stray Seeds Dropped by Larks and Linnets in Flight
4x6"; acrylic, ink, collage, oil pastel
abstract
2018
[gift]


9 comments:

Simone said...

I love those beautiful soft grey tints! They make a beautiful contrast with the black shapes!

carol edan said...

I see a puppy lurking in your painting!Love greys in any way from or matter! Glad you found a good spot!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

A puppy!!! Would never have spied it without your eye, Carol!

I love grays, too, and have enjoyed working with them as a theme for my vacation series.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks for the feedback on the element of contrast, Simone. Glad 'the beautiful soft gray tints' here appeal to you, as they do to me : )

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

puttering is my favorite activity!

Love the piece, and of course the brilliant title. Wishing for soft gray closed in mornings here in dazzling, blinding Florida!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Agreed, Jen: puttering can't be beat! Glad you like this piece and its title; larks and linnets—pip, pip, very British, don't you think?

We're currently in a days-long heat wave or heat bubble or whatever it's being called (HOT). I'll welcome the next soft gray closed in morning.

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

heat bubbles make my head heavy and my creativity turn blob-like. Argh.

Larks and linnets - VERY British! Maybe that's why I like it so much??

Sheila said...

Great title on this perky puttering :)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Perky puttering : )

I do love the title on this one; glad you do, too.

Post a Comment