Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Art Project

Eight-year-old granddaughter Emmy jumped out of the car after traveling 600 miles to our home for 4th of July week, gave me a full-on hug, and announced that "when you come to visit, you bring projects for us to do, and when Auntie came to visit us, she brought us a project to do, so now *I* brought a project for you and Auntie to do!!!"

That she did. She brought the essential supplies, and she led the project.

Paper + shaving cream + food coloring + a ruler + plastic trays + wooden skewers = bookmarks : )

shaving cream bookmarks
each one 2x5"; shaving cream and food coloring on paper
abstract
2018

11 comments:

Simone said...

Must be lovely to have grandchildren who bring such beautiful projects to your house!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

TOTALLY lovely! Emmy brought all the supplies and an abundant supply of enthusiasm, and she was a great teacher. I loved being the student, and now I've made myself several beautiful new bookmarks—and we all know I love handpainted bookmarks : )

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

So FUN! Like grandmother, like granddaughter. Love these glorious bookmarks!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks, Jen. You and Emmy would have a ball together—you are both gals who live with an exclamation point always at hand.

!

carol edan said...

What a creative granddaughter! Shaving cream and food coloring! What will they think of next! Marvelous!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Fun, yes? I don't know where she heard about the idea but I so love that she thought to share it with me and my sister. And I love the resulting bookmarks!

Joany Kendra said...

LOVE these Dotty, and all of the preparation and enthusiasm Emmy brought into them!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Oh my gosh, Emmy was so sweet and so enthusiastically owning the whole undertaking, and aren't the bookmarks beautiful? Glad you like them, too.

Joany Kendra said...

Absolutely love the colors!

Sheila said...

Shaving cream? How fun! Cool how they turned out ;)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

This was a delightfully accessible art project, offering quick and pleasing results, but one that I'm guessing could be revisited again and again and taken to all sorts of new places.

Post a Comment