Monday, June 4, 2018

KISS*

Keep It Simple, Sweet girl.

Following a conversation with lonnnnnng time friend and now fellow artist, Sylvia, after she did a couple of color studies, I took her lead, grabbed all the yellows I could find in my studio, and … KEPT IT SIMPLE, for a change.

Painted me a little color study to cover yet another patch in my Core Values project.

Before:

repository for last dregs of paint clinging to a brush

After:
newest patch

---
* KISS is an acronym for "Keep it simple, stupid" as a design principle noted by the U.S. Navy in 1960. The KISS principle states that most systems work best if they are kept simple rather than made complicated; therefore simplicity should be a key goal in design and unnecessary complexity should be avoided.

Never knew the origin of the acronym till I looked it up just now.

8 comments:

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

That YELLOW!!!! GLORIOUS!!!!! I remember KISS from my corporate banking days....which is funny, because exactly WHAT is simple in banking? Nothing, that's what.

Simone said...

Hi Dotty, this yellow looks like the most beautiful and luscious gold! It's beautiful as a patch and in itself. And I completely agree: KISS!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Corporate banking days???

That yellow is just what is needed as we go through a typically aseasonal couple of CHILLY rainy gray days here in New England. Glad it hit the spot with you, Jen, and maybe it even matches your weather!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

The kind of KISS process I enjoyed while painting this patch is the best! I was so happy messing about with all my yellows and golds; heavy body, light body, and hi-flow paints; acrylics and latex; and oil pastels and pastel pencils. Need to get myself into more KISS!

carol edan said...

Somehow missed this! Yes yellow certainly fits the bill weather wize! Bright 🌞 not days! Would love a cool shower!
Thanks for that acronym. I will have to keep that in mind! KISS!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Glad you found this little sunny study in yellows—thanks for commenting, Carol. That KISS acronym is all too often not an easy one for me to enact. We'll have to keep reminding each other!

Sheila said...

I didn't know that either. But Pete is always sayiing it, and he is retired Navy. LOL.
POW! I love this bold goldie!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Ever the teacher I am—of myself most of all! Love your 'bold goldie' moniker, Sheila : )

Post a Comment