Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Staying Awake

First, I have to vent my frustration at how impossible it is sometimes to get a photograph that feels true to what I see in front of me.

Grrrr.

---

I set out today with a loose idea in mind to slap a variegated monochromatic background onto a new patch in Core Values, add a bunch of layers and bright chaotic playful 'flowers' of color, carve a lush bouquet out of all of the above by painting negative space.

Bouquet?

Never got past the variegated monochromatic background.

I liked staying awake enough as I painted to stop there.

New patch: done.

hooker's green acrylic on top of layer of gloss medium;
marks from a texture sheet and catalyst tool
scribbles from four different green paint markers
four more greens brushed and fingerpainted into place,
scribbles made with metal stylus
---
newest patch

new patch in bigger picture;
working title: Core Values

10 comments:

Sheila said...

Deep, dark, restful patch of luscious green :)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Mmmmm, I'm sinking into it, too, Sheila : )

carol edan said...

Yes the green is deep but I love the light fiery greens! They bring the patch alive!Seems a perfect fit in whole as well.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Carol, I stopped when I did precisely because I, too, said YES to the deep deep green with its light green fiery flames. Glad those pops of fire appeal to you, also.

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

that GREEN! It demands we dive in and appreciate it. Love this patch. And all the patches. And you and your art. WOW!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thank you, dear cheerleader! You bring generative joy on this sunny spring morning : )

Janet Bradish said...

Love the richness of this - the variety of greens!! Awesome Dotty

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Good morning, Janet, and thank you! I really had fun with these greens, and I have to say again that I'm glad I let them strut their stuff.

Simone said...

It's fun to see how the green combines with all the other patches. The first association that I had with the marks was musical notes ;-)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks, Simone. I give a little but not a lot of attention to how any patch might combine with the others. It's fun for me, too, to see what evolves.

A green song! Maybe your choral group will perform it!

Post a Comment