Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Never Knew

Before I started painting, I never knew how painters painted.

Never knew how *I* would paint. Sure didn't have any idea I'd be painting the way I do.

Here's the start to my current patch-in-progress:















Fortuitously, once I got this far on Thursday last week, I had to stop painting so I could pack and then head to Maine to visit my dad on the weekend, leaving this start both unfinished and at home. Putting it on hold felt like the exact right thing to do.


7 comments:

carol edan said...

Thanks for the progression! Love the small touches of green in the last image! Th storm rolling out for some spring to come in!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Carol, thanks—love your take on the storm's rolling out for some spring to come in : )

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

the layers! like the most exquisite and tasty of tall cakes...

dotty seiter: now playing said...

fun to picture this as an exquisite, tasty, growing-tall cake! thx, Jen ; )

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

my pleasure!!! yum!

Sheila said...

Love seeing the progress... seeing how you paint :)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks, Sheila. How I paint still surprises me. THAT I paint still surprises me, for that matter! I am so grateful to have found painting as a way of being.

Post a Comment