Monday, November 6, 2017

Start Where You Stand / Q&Q Cut-Up #4

Napoleon Hill's directive is to start where you stand.

Gotcha.

Here's where I stood, where I started:


Here's where I stand now, with a bookmark and a gift tag:

A Rug of Hooked Fabric Scraps, Rose and Green and Purple
1.5x6" bookmark; acrylic, pencil, ink, collage, and oil pastel on unstretched canvas,
mounted on heavy card stock
abstract
2017
[gift]
1.75x1.75" gift tag

Haiku inscribed on back of bookmark:

Start where you stand, on
a rug of hooked fabric scraps,
dance the live-long day.



6 comments:

carol edan said...

I see lovely gem stones! What a great idea, gift tags.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks, Carol. I was so happy to have this emerge.

The gift tag was a little tiniest-of-art gem in itself—I was tempted to keep it.

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

Dance the live long day!!! What a great haiku! Love the gift tag idea, love the bookmark! Love where this piece ended up. The energy of it is completely transformed by that softening creamy color. Like balm for the soul, it resolved the art completely.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks, Jen. Always love hearing from you!

I've been having fun writing haiku for my paintings, thus far mostly the ones I give or sell.

It was all I could do to let go of the gift tag, but I sent it along with the bookmark.

I love where this piece ended up, too, both as a piece of visual art and as a process. I agree, the energy of it is completely transformed and the softening cream resolved the art completely. I am hoping for more of the same with a painting currently in progress!

Simone said...

This is so beautiful, Dotty! The colors are exquisite! I love the size.

bye!
Simone

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks, Simone! I love the colors and size also! After struggling with the colors and the limitations of the shape/size the day before, the piece suddenly came together in such a happy way. Yay!

Post a Comment