Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Unexpected, and as Expected

My day took an unexpected turn first thing this afternoon and I felt discombobulated, unfocused. I was off kilter internally and didn't feel sure I'd go to my studio.

Ha, ha!

Of course I went to my studio. What was I thinking? When did feeling sure ever have anything to do with studio time?

Pulled a third cut-up from my collection and ran with impulse and intuition.

Till tomorrow:

work in progress
4x5"; unstretched canvas
working title: q&q cut-up #3

6 comments:

carol edan said...

l hope you are feeling better! I am feeling not 100%, but keep going. Find that doing gives more energy! Love the energetic movements.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks, Carol—I actually wrote this post sometime last week, on a day when something rattled me. Water soon under the bridge; maybe that's what all the energetic movement is in the painting start!

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

discombobulated...love that word. Off-kilteredness is sometimes the best catalyst for art. Love this piece in progress...the cool colors and manic movement.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Discombobulated is a great word, almost onomatopoeic! Thanks for your observation re cool colors and manic movement.

Simone said...

Isn't going to the studio and just splash some paint on something not always the best medicine against Everything? I love by the way the words: 'discombobulated', and 'off kilter'. Going to add them to my vocabulary ;-)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

YES: going to the studio is always the best thing to do! I'm about to head there now after an absence of about five days. YAY!

Glad I gave you some fun new words for your English vocabulary : )

Post a Comment