Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Quick & Quixotic

Taking "2. capricious, unpredictable" as my definition, I am including the word quixotic in the working title for my current painting.

When last seen, the painting looked as follows, and I enjoyed its appearance for as long as it lasted:



Today, a few capricious unpredictable minutes of painting yielded underground rabbit burrows and aboveground communications cables.

work in progress
12x16"; unstretched canvas
working title: Quick and Quixotic

10 comments:

Janet Bradish said...

Gorgeous marks - can't wait to see where you are going next. Nothing like a 'reno' to upset the equilibrium. Hope it doesn't last too long and that you will be back in business in your space!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks for admiring my mark-making, Janet.

The reno is like a stalled storm right now. Dave ripped a bunch of things apart while on staycation last week, and now he's back to his job and usual work schedule there!

carol edan said...

There are also weekends. And don't forget that secret door! Where will that lead us too. Mark making is lots of fun.

dotty seiter: now playing said...

The secret door: I'm heading through! Can't wait to see what I discover. Thanks for stopping by, Carol.

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

ooooh I am intrigued! This is unexpected and delightful! More, please!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Glad to be intriguing! More to come, also quick and quixotic …

Sheila said...

What a gorgeous mess you make Dotty! Have fun my friend!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

"Gorgeous mess" = welcome feedback!

Simone said...

I love it Dotty, how you in (as it seems) a little bit of time keep your creative practice going. That's the spirit!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

I always feel better if I paint. Thank you for your steadfast encouragement to keep the practice going : )

Post a Comment