Monday, June 26, 2017

Making More Messy

I moved on to Making Messy #3 today, with the underlying idea of wanting to continue with the floral series I've started.

But I didn't want to get to the floral part yet. I wanted to make more messy, get some good enriched soil going first.

My original Big Messy, from my last morning in Canada, looked like this.


I cut it into quadrants, and Making Messy #3 looked like this when I picked it up this morning.


I stuck to the color palette from Canada and rolled with some freeplay.

work in progress;
working title: Making Messy #3


6 comments:

  1. Love the idea of starting out messy! May try this method to get me back in track. Last session for the season. Your piece reminds me of underwater coral! I know it may change but enjoying the memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, dive in and make messy! I miss seeing your art!

      Fun knowing you are reminded of underwater coral here : )

      Delete
  2. Love the veiled path, curious where it will lead. And oh that red and gold!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The veiled path comes courtesy of thin sandwich paper, a new favorite collage material.

      Delete
  3. I like the metaphor of getting some rich soil first before painting the flowers! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's see if I've got the right nutrients and fertilizer : )

      Delete