Monday, June 5, 2017

12/24", Day 3

I don't know if I have any memories specific to my being three years old, but I channeled my three-year-old self today in my studio.

I let her pick up whatever paint/glue/stencil/marker/ink/brush/collage caught her eye, let her do whatever the heck she wanted on both canvases.

Once or twice she looked over her shoulder but no one stopped her so she just kept playing, getting wide-eyed at the surprises that appeared and disappeared.

12/24" #1 and #2, work in progress



8 comments:

carol edan said...

Oh how I wish I could find my 3 yr old! I would certainly let her play as she would want, but alas she keeps hiding from me, making ne feel old. So colorful and happy. Hope she stays with you!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Keep your eyes open for your three-year-old self, Carol—she'll have fun in your studio if you can coax her to come out of hiding. My own three-year-old self skitters in and out : )

Glad these pieces read as colorful and happy.

Lola (Jen Jovan) said...

These are BRILLIANT! Loose and organic...your 3 year old is a genius!!!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks, Jen! Gotta love that 3-year-old!

Sheila said...

Love these! They make me happy just as they are. My 3 year old self is super jump-up-and-down excited, because she knows they are going to change and get even better. So happy you are having fun Dotty :)

dotty seiter: now playing said...

Thanks, Sheila! They are definitely going to change, tempting though it is to leave them as is.

Simone said...

I love to see this three your old paint!

dotty seiter: now playing said...

You were the one who invited her to the studio : )

Thank you!

Post a Comment