painting is just so right here and now.
The piece I made today? The piece I make any day? Unique.
It is the product of what comes together in the moments of making of it, and is like nothing else that came before or will come after.
Some of what came together:
• card stock passed to me twenty years ago,
• my paper trimmer,
• one eighth of an exercise I did for my Jane Davies class late last summer,
• collage paper I made from cleaning excess paint off my brush sometime in 2017,
• a Posca paint pen,
• texture sheets,
• a sunny cool day in May following a surprise heat wave the prior three days,
• wanting to write a postcard to my dad,
• wordless intuitions, and
• whoever I was when I painted.
|The Specifics of What Had Passed Between Them|
4x5"; acrylic, ink, and collage on paper; mounted on card stock